Sunday, December 19, 2010

Food: En Santa Clara

Ray and I took my mom to En for her 52nd birthday! God i hope i inherit her looks. What is it about our parents and not aging? It doesn't make sense to me. But i guess it doesn't have to. Just keep my skin plump genetics! Anywho, this place was a Izayaka or a Japanese restaurant. I was stupid and asked what that menu item called izayaka is. Turns out it means restaurant. Doh.




It was my first time eating Beef Tongue. I couldn't get the texture out of my mind. The whole time i kept thinking, tongue tongue tongue. Yeah..really couldn't enjoy it, but people rave that it's the best they've ever tried! Overall, It was a pleasant dinner full of bonding and harsh blows at one another. Oh, and Sake. Getting mom a little buzzed was a priority. She loves me more that way & I'm proud to say it worked. She gave me a big hug and praised me as a being a good daughter. okay, maybe I'm exaggerating about the BIG hug-- and being a good daughter.

Good times.

Uni Fried Rice - Pretty spectacular!



Kim chee and spicy pork stir fry

Beef Tongue


Happy B-day Mom!

No comments: